Do you want to make a difference in the Aged Care community? You can empower people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to live the life they want and achieve their goals, from the everyday to the extraordinary.
About the Role
Work with people to support:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connection and activities
- Domestic duties
- Personal care & Hygiene
- Financial literacy
- Flexible Hours + A Focus on Work/Life Wellbeing
- Paid Training and Development (including First Aid and CPR)
- Supportive and inclusive team environment where you can be yourself
- Salary Packaging benefits (reduce your taxable income and increase take-home pay)
- Make a real difference with Australia’s largest service provider for Deaf Australians!
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Auslan skills essential (at a minimum you can fingerspell and are willing to learn more)
- Experience working with clientele in aged care
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people (desirable)
- Certificate III in Community Services (Disability/Aged Care/Community Services) or another relevant qualification, or you have plans to get this in the future.
Before you start, you’ll need:
- NDIS Worker Screening Card
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation course
- Current Driver’s Licence
Deaf Connect is a newly formed organisation, born through the merger of two of Australia’s largest Deaf support organisations – Deaf Services and the Deaf Society – and the transfer of services in South Australia.
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne and Darwin.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role please do not hesitate to contact our friendly people and culture team on email@example.com
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer.