About the Role
Do you want to make a difference in the Aged Care community? You can empower people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to live the life they want and achieve their goals, from the everyday to the extraordinary.
Work with people to support:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connection and activities
- Domestic duties
- Personal care & Hygiene
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Auslan skills essential (at a minimum you can fingerspell and are willing to learn more)
- Experience working with clientele in aged care
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people (desirable)
- Certificate III in Community Services (Disability/Aged Care/Community Services) or another relevant qualification, or you have plans to get this in the future.
Before you start, you’ll need:
- NDIS Worker Screening Card
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation course
- Current Driver’s Licence
Deaf Connect is the largest, whole-of-life service provider and social impact organisation for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians. We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
Our organisational values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
How to Apply
Please submit your application online today by emailing our team at [email protected]
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team on [email protected]
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and Blue Card prior to commencement.