About the Role
Do you want to make a difference in the Aged Care community in the Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba areas? You can empower people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to live the life they want and achieve their goals, from the everyday to the extraordinary.
Work with people to support:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connection and activities
- Domestic duties
- Personal care & Hygiene
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Auslan skills essential (at a minimum you can fingerspell and are willing to learn more)
- Experience working with clientele in aged care
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people (desirable)
- Certificate III in Community Services (Disability/Aged Care/Community Services) or another relevant qualification, or you have plans to get this in the future.
Before you start, you’ll need:
- NDIS Worker Screening Card
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation course
- Current Driver’s Licence
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne and Darwin.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online today by emailing our team at email@example.com
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.