About the Role
- Develop your career with the leading service provider for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Work from Home and Office – Part-time or Full-time hours available (min 30 hours per week)
- Fantastic salary packaging opportunities (increased take home pay)
Deaf Connect is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant with strong accounting and analytical skills to join our dynamic and inclusive Finance team. We are in a very exciting growth phase at DC with a strong focus on innovation and process improvement.
As part of the Accounting Team, your role will be an integral part of a talented team working together to provide timely, efficient and accurate financial reports. In this varied and busy role, you will prepare, present and process balance sheet related financial transactions which may include BAS and GST reporting, income recognition, government grant acquittal reporting, NDIS account reconciliations, merchant transaction analysis, lease accounting, accounting for prepayments and accruals.
If you pride yourself on your strong attention to detail, efficient time management, drive to deliver high quality outcomes, and are looking for a supportive team environment in an expanding organisation, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in general administration, regulatory and compliance work
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
- Ability to prioritise, coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure, flexible approach to implement changes as the need and opportunity arise
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Qualifications in Finance/Accounting
It will also be advantageous if you have:
- Auslan skills (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software or similar ERP software applications
Deaf Connect is a newly formed organisation, born through the merger of two of Australia’s largest Deaf support organisations – Deaf Services and the Deaf Society – and the transfer of services in South Australia.
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne and Darwin.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on email@example.com
Application closing date: Thursday 30th September 2022
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.