About the Role
This role is essential in supporting the Interpreting Service to respond to the access needs of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people, by providing high quality Auslan interpreting in a variety of situations, including both face-to-face and online bookings.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide high quality, accurate communication access for all customers via both face-to-face and online Auslan interpreting
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Bookings Team to ensure bookings are able to be filled efficiently
- Maintain accurate administrative records such as screening checks, timesheets, etc.
- Uphold the ASLIA Code of Ethics and our organisational Code of Conduct
Remuneration range $71,380 – $95,173 per year + 11% superannuation. Optional salary packaging is accessible up to $15,900 per year.
In your application, let us know if you have these key skills and experience:
- NAATI Certification (required)
- Demonstrated experience in various interpreting settings
- An in depth understanding and knowledge of NAATI and the ASLIA Code of Ethics
- Strong work ethic and professional approach
- Excellent listening, interpretation, and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or with a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexibility to accommodate and adapt to short notice schedule changes throughout the workday
- Positive attitude and willingness to embody and uphold Deaf Connect’s values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery.
- Sound administration skills, including ability to use/learn Microsoft Outlook and Teams, and timesheet systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to represent and promote the service in a professional manner
The following would be advantageous:
- NAATI Certification – Certified Interpreter Level or higher
- Driver’s licence
Deaf Connect is the largest, whole-of-life service provider and social impact organisation for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians. We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
Our organisational values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
How to Apply
Applications Close: Sunday 28th January 2024
Apply now! We may actively review applications and begin interviewing prior to this date.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or a link to your Auslan video recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan video recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team at [email protected]
Deaf Connect is an equal-opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and Blue Card prior to commencement.