About the Role
- Supportive and inclusive environment working for a leading NFP organisation
- Fantastic salary packaging benefits
- Permanent full-time or part-time role
The Staff Interpreter will be proactive in enabling the Interpreting Service to respond to the access needs of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing people by providing high quality Auslan interpreting in a variety of situations through both face-to-face and online bookings.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide high quality, accurate communication access for all customers via both face-to-face and online Auslan interpreting
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Bookings Team to ensure bookings are filled as required and time is utilised effectively
- Maintain accurate administrative records as required
- Abide by the ASLIA Code of Ethics and our organisational Code of Conduct
A full-time position is available, however if you are interested in part-time employment, please still apply as we are happy to consider this.
For this position Full time positions are 9am-5pm (Monday to Friday) and Part-time positions (9am-5pm, on some week days). In your application, please indicate which days you are available, if seeking a part-time position.
In your application, let us know if you have these key skills and experience:
- NAATI Certification (required)
- Demonstrated experience in various interpreting settings
- An in depth understanding and knowledge of NAATI and the ASLIA Code of Ethics
- Strong work ethic and professional approach
- Excellent listening, interpretation, and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or with a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexibility to accommodate and adapt to short notice schedule changes throughout the workday
- Positive attitude and willingness to embody and uphold Deaf Connect’s values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery
- Sound administration skills, including ability to use/learn Microsoft Outlook and Teams, and timesheet systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to represent and promote the service in a professional manner
The following would be advantageous:
- NAATI Certification – Certified Interpreter Level or higher
- Driver’s licence
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, and Darwin.
Our organisational values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative, and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Please submit your application today!
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements listed above (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team on email@example.com
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.