About the Role
We are expanding our Interpreting workforce as we have had an increase in demand for both onsite and online bookings all over Australia.
Deaf Connect can offer you:
- Competitive pay rates and access to salary packaging benefits
- Get paid 2 hours minimum per booking, no matter what modality (in-person and VRI)
- Professional development opportunities, such as the John Ferris Mentoring Program and ASLIA training and workshops
- Flexible working arrangements – including video appointments
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and engaged Auslan interpreting agency, and support the community through a range of jobs and appointment types
See what our Auslan interpreters had to say about their roles:
To apply, you must have
- a valid NAATI credential
- a NDIS Worker Check
- completed the NDIS Orientation Training Module
- a Working with Children Check, and
- be vaccinated against COVID-19
Deaf Connect is the leading service provider and social impact organisation for the Australian Deaf community. We are the largest not-for-profit Auslan interpreting agency in the country – providing unparalleled access to a range of interpreting appointments spanning community engagement, corporate and education, medical and legal, entertainment, media and other opportunities.
Deaf Connect empowers our community nationally – unlocking access and enabling Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians to make choices and actions to thrive in life. Through our advocacy agenda we aim to improve equity for the Deaf community, and to remove systemic cultural and language barriers.
As Australia’s largest Deaf-led organisation, we acknowledge and celebrate the history and culture of our community. Standing with the Deaf community we will continue to build capacity and influence social change as a strong voice for equality.
Most importantly, Deaf Connect is a not-for-profit, meaning all profits are invested back into programs and support that directly benefits the Deaf community.
How to Apply
Registering is easy and we’ll pay you for your time! All new Deaf Connect interpreters who register to work with us starting 1 July 2022, will receive a bonus equal to one hour of pay under our new, industry leading rates.
To get started, simply fill the below EOI Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who would be interested in a role at Deaf Connect, please pass on this advertisement.
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer.