Deaf Connect is looking for a Digital and Direct Sales Officer who will be responsible for the development, implementation and optimisation of our multichannel digital campaigns aimed at driving growth for the organisation’s fundraising arm, Deaf Lottery.
About the Role
This role will partner closely with external media agencies and work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams to deliver and optimise lottery acquisition and retention strategies for the lottery, with a focus on increasing sales and building loyalty among target audience segments.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketer, with a specialisation in email marketing, to drive growth for a values-based organisation in the charity lottery space.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with briefing external media agencies and managing performance against agreed targets
- Experience using email marketing platforms, particularly those platforms with marketing automation features or experience with marketing automation (Braze or Hubspot would be highly regarded)
- Experience managing multiple campaigns at any one time, including planning, tracking and reporting on performance
- Experience with managing the CMS for a moderate/high traffic website
- Understanding of data, metrics and analysis with the ability to provide recommendations for improvement
- A can-do attitude, highly organised and excellent communication skills
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Relevant business qualification in marketing or a related discipline
- Strong commercial background with a focus on achieving sales or growth targets
- Auslan skills, or a willingness to learn
Deaf Connect is the new name for Deaf Services and the Deaf Society, Australia’s largest whole of life support service for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians. The organisation is supported by funds raised through the organisation’s fundraising division, the Deaf Lottery, a charity art union lottery offering an $800,000 first prize seven times a year.
Every one of us is unique. Whether we are born deaf or hard of hearing; whether we sign, speak, lipread or use a cochlear implant, we are all connected by our culture and community.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf Australians.
How to Apply
To apply you must submit the following:
- Cover Letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on email@example.com
The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status or medical exemption and application for NDIS Workers clearance prior to commencement