Location – Melbourne
12-month Fixed Term Opportunity with possibility of extending
Minimum 3 days a week
About the Role
- Provide high quality executive interpreting services to the Chief Impact Officer, the Deaf Connect executive team and the wider organisation
- Interstate travel to support executive team and organisation movements
- Two days a week onsite (at Deaf Connect’s Melbourne office) and remainder virtual
We are seeking expressions of interest from those that have:
- NAATI Professional Certification (Auslan and English) is an inherent requirement of this role
- Demonstrated experience in a diverse range of high-level, executive interpreting settings
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of NAATI certification requirements and the ASLIA Code of Ethics
- Strong work ethic and professional approach
- Excellent listening, interpretation and communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to represent and promote Deaf Connect in a professional manner
To be successful in this role you will require to provide a current NDIS Worker Check and evidence of up to date Covid-19 vaccination status (or valid medical exemption) prior to commencement.
- A Focus on Work/Life wellbeing
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Supportive and inclusive team environment where you can be yourself
- Salary Packaging benefits (reduce your taxable income and increase take-home pay)
- Be part of an exciting journey in the Deaf sector and community as Deaf Connect drives a national impact agenda and delivers quality services for Deaf Australians!
Deaf Connect is the new name for Deaf Services and the Deaf Society, Australia’s largest whole of life service provider for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians.
Every one of us is unique. Whether we are born deaf or hard of hearing; whether we sign, speak, lipread or use a cochlear implant, we are all connected by our culture and community.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
How to Apply
Contact Cate Millington, Executive Assistant to the Chief Impact Officer and Chief People & Culture Officer, for a confidential discussion on 0400 554 616 or Cate.Millington@dsdeafshare.org.au.
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer.