About the Role
- Growing Organisation – Career and Development Opportunities
- Work from Home and Office – Permanent Fulltime Position
- Fantastic salary packaging opportunities (increased take home pay)
Deaf Connect are currently seeking an experienced Finance Officer with strong analytical and attention to detail skills to join our results driven and inclusive Finance team.
Supporting the Payroll and Finance Team Leader, you will support the finance team in various accounting services such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank and general ledger reconciliations. If you pride yourself on your attention to detail, time management and love of working to deadlines this would be a fantastic role for you!
In your application, let us know that you have these key skills:
- Previous accounts payable and receivable experience
- Demonstrated experience in bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Good working knowledge of D365 accounting and payroll software or similar ERP applications
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people
You should also let us know if you have these other great skills:
- Relevant qualifications in Finance or a related discipline
- Previous payroll processing experience, inclusive of award interpretation and state based scheme and legislation
- An understanding of the community or not for profit sector.
- Auslan skills, or willingness to learn.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf Australians.
Deaf Connect is the new name for Deaf Services and the Deaf Society, Australia’s largest whole of life support service for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians.
Every one of us is unique. Whether we are born deaf or hard of hearing; whether we sign, speak, lipread or use a cochlear implant, we are all connected by our culture and community.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
How to Apply
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on email@example.com
Application closing date: 7 August 2022
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful applicant will require a national police clearance, NDIS WC and to provide evidence of Covid 19 vaccination (or medical exemption) prior to commencement.