About the Role
Deaf Connect is looking for an Internal Communications Coordinator, to deliver on internal communication activities for staff. The role would support our internal communications platform – Microsoft teams, write and prepare emails for all staff, administer internal webinars and film Auslan videos of key information.
This role is suited to anyone who has a passion for information sharing and accessible information and who is well organised and focused on team culture building
We are looking for someone who has:
- Understanding of contemporary customer engagement and internal communications theory, practice and technologies.
- Experience in developing effective communications and engagement tools and techniques for application across multiple programs, services and channels.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across internal teams in planning, coordinating and implementing communications and engagement plans.
- High level communication skills and an ability to analyse, collate and present information and recommendations.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to drive results with respect to action lists and project deliverables
- Auslan skills, or a willingness to learn
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Relevant business qualification in Communications or a related discipline
- An understanding of the community or not for profit sector
Deaf Connect is the new name for Deaf Services and the Deaf Society, Australia’s largest whole of life support service for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians.
Every one of us is unique. Whether we are born deaf or hard of hearing; whether we sign, speak, lipread or use a cochlear implant, we are all connected by our culture and community.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf Australians.
How to Apply
To apply you must submit the following:
- Cover Letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on email@example.com