• Supportive and inclusive team environment working for a leading NFP organisation
• Fantastic salary packaging benefits
• 12-month fixed-term, full time contract
Deaf connect is seeking a dynamic administrator to support our Marketing and Sales team on a 12-month fixed-term, full time contract.
About the Role
Under direction of the Team Leader, Operational Support the Marketing & Sales Support Officer (Reception) contributes to the effective administration and ongoing improvement of administrative support processes as well as assisting in the delivery of marketing and sales initiatives for the organisation.
The Marketing & Sales Support Officer (Reception) undertakes a range of administrative processes, providing high quality service and support to internal and external customers.
This position also provides high quality customer focused reception services at the Deaf Connect Alderley office, working in close collaboration with all staff located at the Alderley location as well as with the organisation’s People & Culture team.
In your application, let us know if you have these key skills and experience:
- Ability to undertake a range of administration and customer support processes with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- Sound computer and keyboard skills and the ability to use a range of systems including Microsoft Office suite (excel, word, outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills.
You should also let us know if you have these other great skills:
- Experience providing high quality reception services.
- Experience or understanding of the community or not for profit sector.
- Auslan skills, or willingness to learn.
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne and Darwin.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
Applications close: Friday 10 March 2023
If you have further questions about the role you can contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.