About the Role
- Multiple positions available
- Flexible, supportive, and inclusive environment within a leading NFP organisation
- Professional Development Allowance + Manageable Case Loads
- Flexible Work Hours – Full time and part time positions available
Deaf Connect is seeking Speech Language Pathologists to join our North and South Brisbane teams.
- Early Career SLP’s – $70, 610 – $73, 160 plus super & salary packaging
- Experienced SLP’s (3-5 years experience) $76, 518 – $85, 801 plus super & salary packaging
- Senior SLP (6 years + experience) $88, 801 – $95,185 plus super & salary packaging
These exciting roles would suit experienced SLPs who are passionate about working with deaf and hard of hearing infants and children and want to be part of a committed and dynamic interdisciplinary team.
Our Therapy & Family Services team provide speech language pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychology, and teacher of the deaf services across a number of programs, including NDIS.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assess children in accordance with assessment schedule and write formal reports
- Plan and develop programs to meet the needs of the child
- Implement therapy programs
- Provide appropriate, timely and effective clinical management
- Maintain up-to-date case notes and progress reports
- Work independently and cooperatively within a transdisciplinary model
- Providing family-inclusive support
Benefits of working as an SLP at Deaf Connect:
- Guaranteed supervision and Professional Development allowance
- Manageable caseload with admin time built into sessions
In your application, let us know if you have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in speech language pathology
- Knowledge of typical and atypical development
- A strong interest in working with deaf and hard of hearing children
- Ability to handle a busy assessment and therapy caseload
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a flexible structure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Registration or willingness to register with Speech Pathology Australia
- Driver’s license and own vehicle (milage reimbursed)
Deaf Connect is the largest, whole-of-life service provider and social impact organisation for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians. We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
Our organisational values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
How to Apply
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team on [email protected]
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and Blue Card prior to commencement.