About the Role
- Friendly & Supportive team
- Fixed Term Full-time Contract (12 months)
- Fantastic Salary Packaging Benefits
As a Support Coordinator you will be required to research, provide information about various supports and services available with the view to promoting the individual’s own personal goals and needs. This will include monitoring of their plan outcomes, expenditure, prepare for plan reviews and to maintain clear and accurate record keeping of information, time and billing.
If you pride yourself on your customer service, communication skills and drive to deliver the best outcomes, we want to hear from you.
In your application, let us know if you have these key skills:
- Passionate about provision of high quality person centred supports for our Deaf and hard of hearing individuals
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Strong sense of initiative and time management skills
- Lived experience of disability (your own or someone else’s)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Knowledge of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (NSW) and NDIS Code of Conduct
- Current Driver’s Licence and use of private car
- Fluency in Auslan and a knowledge of the Deaf Community
You should also let us know if you have these other great skills:
- Relevant qualification such as a minimum of Cert IV in Disability Services
- Experience in Support Coordination, disability service and business management
- Good computer skills
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people
Deaf Connect is a newly formed organisation, born through the merger of two of Australia’s largest Deaf support organisations – Deaf Services and the Deaf Society – and the transfer of services in South Australia.
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne and Darwin.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home options
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role please do not hesitate to contact our friendly people and culture team on email@example.com
Applications close Friday 2nd December 2022
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.