• Ongoing Training and Development
• Salary Packaging benefits (reduce your taxable income and increase take-home pay)
• Make a real difference with Australia’s largest service provider for Deaf Australians!
• Supportive and inclusive team environment where you can be yourself
• A Focus on Work/Life Wellbeing, flexible working hours
About the Role
We are always on the look out for amazing Tutors and Trainers to join our friendly and inclusive Deaf Connect education team. We have a range of fantastic opportunities for trainers and tutors to deliver training and tutoring support in the following:
- Tutoring support for families in the home
- Short auslan courses (general public and schools)
- Community classes
- Deaf Awareness Training
- Accredited courses (Cert 2 – Diploma level courses)
- Diploma of Interpreting courses
- Foundation skills courses for deaf adults (Auslan, maths, computers, English).
In the role you will:
- Plan and prepare relevant lessons using the curriculum material provided.
- Instruct students in an appropriate manner as set out in the curriculum. Teach the class according to the lesson plan designated for each lesson including undertaking the activities for learning purposes.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Relevant teaching experience
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in Auslan
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to adapt and modify a range of teaching strategies/ resources to meet student need and curriculum requirements
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing people
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) – (Required for teaching accredited courses)
Before you start, you’ll need:
- NDIS Worker Screening Card
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation course
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate (mandated)
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and New South Wales, as well in Adelaide, Melbourne, Darwin and Perth.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
Apply online today through our application form by clicking the button below!
If you have further questions about the role, you can contact our friendly People and Culture team on email@example.com
Our interviews run alongside our class timetable in semesters and terms. Once we’ve had a chance to review your application, we’ll be in touch to let you know more information including timelines for our interview processes.
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement.