• Greet others and introduce yourself
• Give and request personal details such as phone numbers and addresses
• Count in Auslan
• Fingerspell in Auslan
• Ask and answer simple questions (using “who”, “what”, “when”, “where”, etc.)
• Communicate practical vocabulary including colours, days of the week and family
• Express agreement and disagreement
• Use visual-gestural communication strategies
• Identify the Deaf Community
• Explain effective ways of communicating with deaf people
Full price = $220.00 including GST
Concession price = $185 including GST
*Centrelink recipients, seniors card holders and full time students at a recognised institution are accepted.
This is an 8 week course.
In the event where a face to face or online class needs to be cancelled the course can be extended by 1 week to make up for the missed class.
To be eligible to receive a certificate you are required to attend 6 out of 8 classes.
The method we are using to deliver our online classes comprises of watching a 1 hour pre-class weekly video lesson, as well as attending a 1 hour virtual class with your teacher and fellow participants.
In order to attend the virtual classes, you require:
• a computer/laptop
• an inbuilt camera or webcam
• have reliable internet connection.
The minimum age to enrol in this class is sixteen years.
Please double check your email address is entered correctly at the time of enrolment. Email is the primary means by which we will contact you about your course, e.g. to confirm a course once minimum enrolment numbers are achieved, or cancel if we do not receive enough enrolments.
Please monitor your Junk folder for emails from Deaf Connect and if you do not receive an email about your course by at least the day before the scheduled start date, please contact us.
Courses can be confirmed once minimum enrolment numbers have been reached.
If you need additional information or support, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions
All students enrolled in courses with Deaf Connect agree to adhere to our Terms and Conditions.View Terms and Conditions
Ask about Learning Auslan
Got a Question?
For all beginner class enquiries, please fill in this form and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can email us directly at email@example.com for more information.