Our Support Workers
Our friendly team of Support Workers have a variety of interests, skills and communication methods including Auslan, visual and deafblind communication. Depending on the participant’s goals, we can:
- develop communication skills and strategies for participating in everyday life
- support the participant to participate in social or community events
- support the participant with everyday activities like shopping, budgeting and public transport
- develop the participant’s ability to travel independently on public transport
- develop the participant’s independent living skills like cooking, cleaning and personal maintenance.
Daily Activities, Social and Community Participation
We provide the Deaf and hard of hearing community with access to one-on-one support in Auslan for Daily Activities, Social and Community Participation, allowing participants to learn and develop the skills and confidence to live independent lives.Learn More
Group Based Community Participation
We host a range of group programs and activities throughout the year for the Deaf and hard of hearing community. Our activity program aims to help participation and engagement in community, social and recreational activities.
This service is currently only available in Brisbane.Learn More
Life Skill Development
We offer both one-on-one skill development support and structured life skill development programs in small group settings to the Deaf and Hard of hearing community.Learn More
Supported Independent Living
We can provide assistance in the home or a shared living arrangement. A shared household is where combinations of services are provided to residents.
Supported residential option is currently only available in northern Brisbane.Learn More
Access of supports through NDIS funding
If you would like to receive these supports under NDIS, you need to have funding for:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
We charge according to the price limit in the NDIS Support Catalogue.
Want to work with us?
We’re looking for passionate disability support workers with Auslan skills to help us deliver the best support for members of Deaf and hard of hearing community.
We have roles available across Queensland, New South Wales and Adelaide.
Click Learn More for information and to apply.Learn More