Programs and Services
You can contact us using this form to find out more about:
- Language development, therapy support and assessments from Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Teachers of the Deaf
- Hear for Kids in School program
- Parent-to-Parent Support program
- Provision of services through NDIS, Medicare and private healthcare
- Face-to-face or video remote therapy
Not all services available in all states.
We work with families everyday to:
- Help them understand what it means to have a baby with hearing loss
- Connect them with families who have already been through the experience
- Advise them how to “navigate the system” to get the best advice and services for their child
- Connect them to appropriate supports and services, including through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The birth of a child who is deaf or hard of hearing can be an overwhelming and isolating experience for parents and families, which is why all our early intervention, therapy, support and mentorship programs are tailored to the individual experience of each family, including their communication, education and technology needs.
Deaf Connect provides a range of therapy support and assessments which support Deaf and hard of hearing children’s language development from birth through to the school years. Our allied health team includes:
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Teachers of the Deaf
- Allied Health Assistants
Therapy Services are currently only available in Queensland and online via Telehealth.Learn More
Hear for Kids in School (QLD only)
Deaf Connect’s Hear for Kids in School program is supported by the Department of Education and Training’s Specialist Disability in Schools Program (SDSS) to improve educational opportunities and enhance the learning outcomes of students who are Deaf or hard of hearing in Prep, Year One and Year Two.
Services are provided in collaboration with the supports and services the student is receiving from school.
Family Mentor Program (Metro-Sydney)
Our Family Mentor program offers a critical bilingual and bicultural approach to language acquisition and access to community that allows parents to best support their child in reaching their full potential.
We match families with trained Deaf adults who have invaluable lived experience and Auslan fluency to provide guidance through Deaf culture, community and language as your child grows into their Deaf identity.
*This program is currently only able to be delivered to families in the Metro-Sydney regionLearn More
Parent to Parent Support Program (NSW only)
In NSW, we offer the Parent-to-Parent Mentor Program for new parents of deaf children who are paired with more experienced parents. It is an opportunity for you to share your experiences, seek advice and discuss your child’s future prospects.Learn More
Therapy Services for Deaf Adults in North Queensland
In North Queensland, speech language pathology services are available to Deaf and hard of hearing adults. These services are individualised for each person’s goals and chosen communication. This service is also available over video conferencing (Telepractice).Learn more