In Cairns, Townsville and Mackay, speech language pathology services are available to Deaf and hard of hearing adults. These services are individualised for each person’s goals and chosen communication. This service is also available over video conferencing (Telepractice).
Speech Language Pathologist
A Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) can support you with:
- Assessments & reports
- Developing listening skills
- Learning to read and write
- Attending to the communication of other people
- Understanding the meaning of spoken language
- Using words and sentences to express and participate in the community
- Improving the clarity of the speech sounds produced
- Using augmentative and alternative communication when appropriate
If you do not live near one of our offices, we can get you set up for online appointments. Telepractice provides the opportunity for more regular support, in
addition to monthly face to face sessions.
All you need is an internet connection, and an iPad or computer with a webcam and microphone.
Find out more
For more information or for our current availability in North Queensland, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org