Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
• an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
• government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas
Am I eligible?
If you are:
• 15 years old or over, and
• no longer at school and
• living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
• an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
• a NSW apprentice or trainee
you may be eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with an approved Smart and Skilled training provider.
Providing you are meet the personal eligibility criteria for Smart and Skilled, you’re entitled to enrol in a subsidised course up to Certificate III level.
You can also enrol in subsidised training in targeted priority areas at Certificate IV, and Diploma, depending on the availability of funding for these courses.
Source: Smart and Skilled