About the Role
Are you looking for a role with purpose in a growing community organisation that focuses on making a difference?
Deaf Connect is looking for a trainer/Assessor who will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and assessment of Certificate III in Individual Support as part of our RTO. The position would be suited to someone who is confident to teach deaf students, confident to work with interpreters and is passionate about delivering high quality training and supports to students.
In your application, let us know if you have these key skills and experience:
- Qualifications in education and training including Certificate IV in TAE40116
- Current qualification in Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing or Disability)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understand of the Australian Skills Quality Authority, training packaging and accredited course requirements
- Experience working with Training Packages, Accredited Courses and Curriculum
- Deaf Awareness
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to adapt and modify a range of teaching strategies/resources to meet student need and curriculum requirements
- Ability to work autonomously
- The ability to effectively use technology for both face to face, video conferences and online delivery
The following would be advantageous:
- Auslan qualifications or proficiency in Auslan.
- Experience working with deaf students
Deaf Connect is the largest, whole-of-life service provider and social impact organisation for Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing Australians. We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture and language.
Our organisational values of Heart, Courage, and Discovery stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
How to Apply
Applications Close: Sunday 3rd March 2024
Apply now! We may actively review applications and begin interviewing prior to this date.
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role please do not hesitate to contact our friendly people and culture team on [email protected]
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and Blue Card prior to commencement.