Ageing Well and My Aged Care
As you get older, living independently in your own home can become more difficult.
My Aged Care is an Australian Government service which assists Australians over 65 (or over 50 for people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) to access different types of support in their home.
Support in the home can mean:
- Help with cleaning
- Help with shopping
- Help with personal transport (to appointments and social activities)
- Installing equipment to help make your home safer (e.g. rails for getting out of the bath or shower)
It may be time to contact My Aged Care if you:
- Need help from family or friends to do things you previously did yourself
- Are starting to have difficulty remembering things
- Have a medical condition with impacts your independence
- Recently had a fall, or had to go to hospital unexpectedly
We can help you.Learn More
Our Services and Supports
Our services and supports include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment support for My Aged Care
- Information and Assistance on Aged Care Rights
- One-on-one support to allow you to continue your independence at home
- Individual and group activities and programs promoting social inclusion
- Medication information and support
- Wellness Short Courses
- Comprehensive Auslan video resources on Aged Care, Health and Lifestyle
Ageing Well is proud to support Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing seniors to remain independent in their own home for as long as possible.
As a professional, flexible and holistic Aged Care provider, we work with each client to deliver the specific support they require in their day-to-day lives.
Specific services are client-led, but can include cleaning, laundry, shopping, preparing meals and assistance with appointments.
At the core of our one-on-one support is our commitment to promoting positive ageing through reablement and wellness.
Information and Advocacy
The Ageing Well team can provide Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing seniors with individual information sessions, language support and resources on a range of topics including navigating the Aged Care journey, preventative health and active ageing.
Ageing Well also has also partnered with a number of organisations to produce an extensive library of Auslan video resources on topics from physical and mental health through to social issues and self-care.
Click Learn More to access informational videos in Auslan.Learn More