In Home Support for Deaf Seniors
The Deaf Connect Ageing Well team are investigating delivering In-Home Support to Deaf and hard-of-hearing Seniors in Victoria through My Aged Care under a Home Care Package.
A Home Care Package is best suited to Deaf and hard-of-hearing seniors who may need multiple support services or care on an ongoing basis. This might look like:
- Helping with housework, laundry, and shopping
- Assisting with personal care like showering, dressing, and toileting
- General home maintenance including gardening and minor modifications
- Transport arrangements for social outings, shopping trips and appointments
- Connection with local social groups, outings, and community interactions.
Our Services and Supports
Our services and supports include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment support for My Aged Care
- Information and Assistance on Aged Care Rights
- One-on-one support to allow you to continue your independence at home
- Individual and group activities and programs promoting social inclusion
- Medication information and support
- Wellness Short Courses
- Comprehensive Auslan video resources on Aged Care, Health and Lifestyle
We’re running Ageing Well Information Sessions in Victoria to better understand the needs of Deaf and hard-of-hearing seniors in Victoria and to share information on what Deaf Connect’s Home Care Packages might look like.
Where: John Pierce Centre, 25-35 High St Prahran Vic 3181
Both sessions include a complimentary lunch.
Want to join one of our Information Sessions? RSVP using the links above or click below to download our Information Session flyer.Download Flyer
Get In Touch
We want to hear from you. Would you like to see Ageing Well Supports in Victoria? Have a question about the types of Support and Services for Deaf and hard-of-hearing seniors that Deaf Connect could provide?
Get in touch with our team to let us know using this form or by contacting Simon Andersson at [email protected]
Information and Advocacy
The Ageing Well team can provide Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing seniors with individual information sessions, language support and resources on a range of topics including navigating the Aged Care journey, preventative health and active ageing.
Ageing Well also has also partnered with a number of organisations to produce an extensive library of Auslan video resources on topics from physical and mental health through to social issues and self-care.
Click Learn More to access informational videos in Auslan.Learn More