About the Role
Do you want to make a difference in your community? You can empower people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to live the life they want and achieve their goals, from the everyday to the extraordinary.
Deaf Connect is looking for a trainer/Assessor who will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and assessment of Certificate III in Individual Support as part of our RTO. The position would be suited to someone who is fluent in Auslan, who is passionate about delivering high quality training and supports to students.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Current qualification in Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing or disability)
- Auslan qualifications or proficiency in Auslan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Skills Quality Authority’s Standards for RTOs 2015, training packages and compliance as it relates to the delivery of training
- Well developed teaching skills with the ability to adapt and modify a range of teaching strategies to meet student need and curriculum
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Sound organisational and time management skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- A Focus on Work/Life Wellbeing
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Supportive and inclusive team environment where you can be yourself
- Salary Packaging benefits (reduce your taxable income and increase take-home pay)
- Make a real difference with Australia’s largest service provider for Deaf Australians!
Deaf Connect is the largest whole-of-life service provider for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing Australians, with offices across Queensland and NSW, as well in Adelaide, Darwin, Melbourne and Perth.
We stand with the Deaf community to build capacity and influence social change while paying respect to history, culture, and language.
We offer an attractive benefits program including:
- Salary packaging, enabling you to make huge savings on tax and maximise your pay
- Flexibility regarding working arrangements (office/WFH hybrid)
- Discount membership to gyms and facilities throughout Australia
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free comprehensive online learning portal
- Financial support to learn Auslan and gain nationally recognised qualifications through our own Registered Training Organisation
- Free financial wellness support through our default super fund
Join our innovative, collaborative and supportive team and know that your contribution is making a difference to the lives of Deaf and hard of hearing Australians.
How to Apply
To apply you must submit the following:
- Either a Cover Letter or Auslan recording outlining how your skills and experience meet the position requirements as outlined in the position description (no more than 1.5 pages or 5 min Auslan recording)
- An up-to-date resume including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications.
If you have further questions about the role please do not hesitate to contact our friendly people and culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf Connect is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will require a NDIS WC and to provide evidence of covid-19 vaccination prior to commencement